Final Project and Final Week

This class I think has been pretty interesting and it was a lot of work but it was enjoyable work. I’m glad to see it come to an end but going to miss the cool things I got to learn at the same time. For my final project, I decided to do a love story based on multiple assignments in the assignment bank but also coming up with my own ideas to make the project better. For starters, I chose to do the assignment “Love at First Shot.” Now with this assignment is a visual assignment, and I built my love story off of. The assignment is to find a picture online of a couple and come up with a story for it. I instead chose to choose multiple “lovey” pictures and build a whole love life off of it in a story of Mike and Maria. The second assignment I used was “Have a Phone Conversation with Yourself.” Now for this, I tried to get my audio out of the way but I actually ended up doing audio for the whole thing so that plan didn’t work. I used audacity to edit the voices and change the pitches to sound like a man vs woman. At some parts in the movie, the audacity kept acting up or maybe it was something on my computer that I couldn’t figure out but it would get super high pitched in some places and I pretty much had to record things multiple times to try to make it as least terrible as possible. The third assignment I used out of the assignment bank was the “Welcome to Paradise” writing assignment. For this assignment, instead of writing it down in a blog post, I spoke out my dream vacation as if it was the honeymoon that Mike and Maria were going on. I spoke of who and what I would want to take to the beautiful location and what my location would look like.

 

For the rest of my final project, I used different aspects of the course to compile everything together to make my movie of Mike and Maria. I used iMovie on my Mac to put it all together. I learned how to add sound effects and transitions. I even added a movie into my movie to add the video portion of the assignments in there. As mentioned in the week 13 assignments, I found this cool way to add a map into my movie so I did that too. Overall, I think my final project turned out way better than I expected (minus the audio problems every now and then) and I’m pretty satisfied with it. I think I learned more in trying to create this final than I realized I learned all semester because I was finally putting everything together.

 

Final Project

 

As for my summary of the week, I think it went pretty well. I am satisfied with my work and my time management of the project. I think everything went smoothly (besides the audio part of course) and now it is time for my to create my daily creates, tutorials, and assignments.