Final Project and Final Week

This class I think has been pretty interesting and it was a lot of work but it was enjoyable work. I’m glad to see it come to an end but going to miss the cool things I got to learn at the same time. For my final project, I decided to do a love story based on multiple assignments in the assignment bank but also coming up with my own ideas to make the project better. For starters, I chose to do the assignment “Love at First Shot.” Now with this assignment is a visual assignment, and I built my love story off of. The assignment is to find a picture online of a couple and come up with a story for it. I instead chose to choose multiple “lovey” pictures and build a whole love life off of it in a story of Mike and Maria. The second assignment I used was “Have a Phone Conversation with Yourself.” Now for this, I tried to get my audio out of the way but I actually ended up doing audio for the whole thing so that plan didn’t work. I used audacity to edit the voices and change the pitches to sound like a man vs woman. At some parts in the movie, the audacity kept acting up or maybe it was something on my computer that I couldn’t figure out but it would get super high pitched in some places and I pretty much had to record things multiple times to try to make it as least terrible as possible. The third assignment I used out of the assignment bank was the “Welcome to Paradise” writing assignment. For this assignment, instead of writing it down in a blog post, I spoke out my dream vacation as if it was the honeymoon that Mike and Maria were going on. I spoke of who and what I would want to take to the beautiful location and what my location would look like.

 

For the rest of my final project, I used different aspects of the course to compile everything together to make my movie of Mike and Maria. I used iMovie on my Mac to put it all together. I learned how to add sound effects and transitions. I even added a movie into my movie to add the video portion of the assignments in there. As mentioned in the week 13 assignments, I found this cool way to add a map into my movie so I did that too. Overall, I think my final project turned out way better than I expected (minus the audio problems every now and then) and I’m pretty satisfied with it. I think I learned more in trying to create this final than I realized I learned all semester because I was finally putting everything together.

 

Final Project

 

As for my summary of the week, I think it went pretty well. I am satisfied with my work and my time management of the project. I think everything went smoothly (besides the audio part of course) and now it is time for my to create my daily creates, tutorials, and assignments.

Weekly Progress on Final Project

So I didn’t know what to expect for the final project or how to do it but I read the week 13 weekly assignment and started to think and hopefully it will come out good in the long run. My fear with the final project is I’m not very good at the radio assignments or video assignments. I think I am going to try to avoid those two categories the best I can. I’m not sure if I will be able to do that though.

I plan to somehow tell a love story between a man and woman. I want to use design assignments and visual assignments to tell most of the story. I might use some video or audio but I might look into some of the other categories that we haven’t used yet.